by Vernon Fitch
© copyright Vernon Fitch / The Pink Floyd Archives
Any comments, corrections or additions to this discography would be appreciated.
Title: David Gilmour - Remember That Night - Live at the Royal Albert Hall
Video Company: EMI Records
Catalog Number: 504 3119
Bar Code: 5 099950 431199
Format / Region: PAL / R2
Release Date: September 17, 2007
Release Information: Concert footage of David Gilmour performing live at the Royal Albert Hall in London, on May 29-31, 2006. Features guest performances by David Bowie, David Crosby, Graham Nash, and Robert Wyatt. Songs are: Speak to Me, Breathe, Time, Breathe (reprise), Castellorizon, On an Island, The Blue, Red Sky at Night, This Heaven, Then I Close My Eyes, Smile, Take A Breath, A Pocketful of Stones, Where We Start / Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Fat Old Sun, Coming Back to Life, High Hopes, Echoes / Wish You Were Here, Find the Cost of Freedom, Arnold Layne, Comfortably Numb.
Extras on Disc 2 include:
1) Royal Albert Hall additional/alternate takes: Wot's uh . . . the Deal, Dominoes, Wearing the Inside Out, Arnold Layne, Comfortably Numb
2) European tour song: Dark Globe
3) Live at Abbey Road: Astronomy Domine
3) AOL session: This Heaven
4) BBC Mermaid Theater performance: Castellorizon, On an Island, The Blue, Take a Breath, High Hopes
5) Three documentaries: a) Breaking Bread, Drinking Wine, b) The Making of On an Island, and c) The West Coast.
6) Two music videos: On an Island, Smile.
7) Island Jam 2007.
8) A photo gallery.
Includes a 20-page booklet.
Easter Eggs: The following hidden tracks are on the DVD:
1) Echoes (semi-acoustic version) - To access this track, on disc 2 select Music Tracks, then play the song Dark Globe. Following Dark Globe, Echoes with Gilmour on acoustic will play.
2) David on cumbus at the Astoria - To access this track, on disc 2, keep the Main Menu on the screen. When a firework goes off, press enter.
3) Audience dancers - To access this track, on disc 2 select Music Tracks / Bonus Tracks from the Royal Albert Hall. Wait until three pictures appear next to play all. When a firework goes off on middle picture, press enter.
Promotional Information: A test pressing by Media Motion of the first DVD, dated July 18, 2007, was issued in a slimcase with no cover, and a LD Communication factory sticker. Test pressings of the first two DVDs, dated August 8, 2007, were issued by Media Motion with no cover. Two promotional DVDs, dated August 6, 2007, were released by The Pavement on compressed DVD-R in plastic envelopes with a promotional insert. The song Fat Old Sun was released on a DVD-R by EMI Records in an EMI envelope. A promotional copy of the two DVDs were released in a promo slipcase with a promotional insert.
Cover: Title with a picture of David Gilmour performing.
Cover Sticker: Round cover sticker that says "Podwojne DVD zawiera polskie napisy!" Rectangular cover sticker with Polish ads.
Video Information: 16:9 aspect ratio. Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo, concert filmed in high definition.